Here we go.

26 October 2010

Laura + Zack

This past Saturday, I went to one of the best weddings ever. The nuptials, reception & party happened at Longhorn Caverns in Burnet, TX.

I. Before the events:

We arrived almost exactly two hours before the event was scheduled to happen after driving FOREVER from North Little Rock. We visited the loo, walked around, snacked & tried to get a nap in the car. Before catching some zzz's, we ran into Zack, the groom. This was our first meeting ever! He is very kind. He told us that there was going to be 3 lbs. of food per guest! A little while later, it rained with hail. We hoped the soon-to-be-wedded couple were o.k., but, you can't have a rainbow w/o a storm, so they say.

Photobucket

Cactii. I'm a fan!
Photobucket

II. The events:

When 6 p.m. rolled around, we brushed our teeth & I combed my hair and put on some mascara in hopes that I looked fancy enough for a casual wedding. After exchanging hugs & greeting with the people we knew, we were ushered to where the ceremony was going to be. While waiting for it to start, ATM told me that Uncle Rico was behind us taking photos. I started to freak out, but then things got started. And how!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

ATM & pretty Laura, right after the ceremony:
Photobucket
By the power of Grayskull, I didn't cry this time, but I was so close. I really didn't want to be so openly vulnerable in front of hip strangers, I guess. But, their vows were so damn cute. "Do you love each other?" "Yes." "Will you defend each other?" "Yes." "Do you promise to never marry anyone else ever?" "Yes." There was plenty of that sweetness, I couldn't take it, I was wailing & sobbing on the inside. They said what needed to be said. Good job, guys!

After exchanging hugs w/ the newly betrothed, we were ushered inside for dinner. The seating chart:
Photobucket

Large print. Our table:
Photobucket

Our table mates, Chase & Rachel:
Photobucket

Some of you may know some of these:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Hello! Jon Gries! He was on LOST! Ben's dad!
Photobucket

Photobucket

You can see why we waited until AFTER this wedding reception to go meat-free. Wooo pig sooie!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is my only photo of Jon Gries & it is crap. You can see a faint profile of him, but, Jessica looks good, yeah? I didn't want to bother Mr. Gries while he was at a wedding. I couldn't bring myself to do it. Plus, ATM said I couldn't speak to him. Rightly so, I would've just been a burst dam of movie & television quotes AT him.
Photobucket

Right, so after ingesting way too much meat, we were ushered down into the cave. Yep, a cave. Oooga booga! Obviously these photos, any of them, will do no justice.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I walk to the end of the (cave) room to see this on stage:
Photobucket
Still as stone, it took me a good minute to realize that they were real people. Here they are animated!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are guests, also animated:
Photobucket
In case you are missing it, there is a lady with a hot dog & a fella with a hog's leg. And a hot dog.

We are in a cave! Watching an "animatronic" band! The groom has a Pee-Wee suit on! That was a whole hog! A celebrity! Sweet vows! Sweet details! What?! These two are freaking visionaries!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Did I really grab extra napkins to document the details AND to perhaps aid me in my own wedding party vision? I did.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Parting gifts/favors:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Tuff toof:
Photobucket

Photobucket

I am certain I am leaving out a lot of details. It was a fun, magical night. Yeah, I said magical. I am pleased as punch that Laura + Zack did things their way. Much love to them!

1 comment:

nicole said...

This looks like a rockin' good time! Congrats to Laura and Zack!

Blog Archive